When I heard the word “salad” before I started making them myself, I felt kinda sad! Not that the actual salad made me sad, but the thought of eating just a salad as my meal became rather depressing. Would this really fill me up for a full meal? Would I get enough protein? Well, I am happy to scream loudly YES as I share my favorite Mexican-inspired salad with you. This salad is best made in large bowls and can satisfy everyone at a party looking for a healthy option at the buffet. The colors are vibrant and appealing to almost everyone and the taste will blow you away! Your kids might be a bit resistant at first to eating salad due to the texture, but remember those marketing tips at the beginning of the book and they will be all set after a few tries. Don’t give up!
- One (1) large pack of Amy's Organic, triple-washed spinach or mixed greens of your choice
- Three (3) 15oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Three (3) organic cucumbers washed, sliced, de-seeded and diced into small pieces
- Three (3) assorted organic peppers washed, sliced, de-seeded and diced into small pieces
- Two (2) bags of non-gmo, organic corn from the frozen section (let thaw or microwave for 2 minutes)
- A few onions of your choice for the top
- Choose your salad dressing (vegan if you can) and you are on your way to a salad that will entertain up to ten guests or last you for three or four days if you don't apply dressing to the entire salad all at once. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- The Ultimate Dadlete Playground Workout - August 21, 2017
- Taking “Weird” All The Way To The Bank With LA Actor Tony Robinette - August 16, 2017
- How To Be Ultra Spiritual With JP Sears - August 10, 2017