What You Will Learn In This Episode:
Eating out on a diet can be one of the toughest things you can do. Now, when I say the word diet, I hesitate because the word diet is so commonly used with those trying to lose weight. That is not what this episode is about. This episode of Real IronDAD Radio is about how to navigate through the social aspects of eating out when you might have a food allergy, intolerance, or some other choice you have made such as being gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan or many other things that are not exactly “main stream.” If you are choosing to cut fat from your diet, this episode could definitely still apply to you, but I want to make sure to let you know that it is about more than just losing weight. Cory and Jenn will walk you through vegan and vegetarian resources and give some tips on how to make it easier for you to eat out with friends and family.
Great Vegan Food Resources from Peta – http://www.peta.org/living/food/
Happy Cow App: http://www.happycow.net/mobile.html
Order Your Free Vegan Starter Kit – http://www.peta.org/living/food/free-vegan-starter-kit/
Items Mentioned In The Podcast:
- Find restaurants that will work for your dietary needs by scoping them out ahead of time. Did you know that the following restaurants have a bunch of vegetarian and/or vegan options? Moes, Taco Bell, Qdoba, Chipotle, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Johnny Rockets, Denny’s, Bennigan’s, Red Robin, Mellow Mushroom, Z Pizza, Yard House, P.F. Chang’s, TCBY Yogurt, Cold Stone Creamery and Baskin-Robbins just to name few!
- Sit down and plan your meal right away so you have your game plan set and ready when the waitress comes and you don’t have to ask a lot of questions.
- Check the menu of the restaurant before you go. Visit yelp.com for more info on the restaurant and to get a downloadable form of the menu.
- Talk to your kids before you go to the restaurant about what they can and cannot have. Prepare them for a difficult situation. Let them think about what they want ahead of time and let them be proud to order it themselves in front of everyone!
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- The Ultimate Dadlete Playground Workout - August 21, 2017
- Taking “Weird” All The Way To The Bank With LA Actor Tony Robinette - August 16, 2017
- How To Be Ultra Spiritual With JP Sears - August 10, 2017