Certified Tri Coach Jen Rulon
Jen Rulon knows what she’s talking about when it comes to working out your body! As a seven-time Ironman triathlete and USAT Level I and Crossfit Level I Coach with a Master’s Degree on Exercise Science, Jen has quite the background to be more than a good coach for anyone looking to do triathlons. While her resume speaks for itself, this episode takes the time to dive into the science behind training for triathlons and how an everyday Joe can get into this sport. Jen likes to remind triathletes that strength training is just as important as your swim, bike and run. Links: Jen Rulon’s Website – http://jenrulon.com How To Balance Life With Ironman Triathlon Training – http://jenrulon.com/2015/03/25/how-to-balance-life-with-ironman-triathlon-training/ Transition Music Provided by – SOS Studio Items Mentioned In The Podcast:
- High Altitude Training Mask on Amazon – http://www.amazon.com/Elevation-2-0-Training-Mask-Medium/dp/B008B91KH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428468013&sr=8-1&keywords=high+altitude+training+mask
- Don Davey Real IronDAD Radio Episode #7 – http://22.214.171.124/~c4social/leangreendad.com/2014/12/10/rid-radio-007-nfl-to-irondad/
- Anti-Gravity Treadmill – http://www.alterg.com/products/anti-gravity-treadmills/m320-f320/health-wellness
- Joe Friel’s Article on Rest Days – http://www.joefrielsblog.com/2015/04/supercompensation.html
- Jen Rulon’s Blog Post on How To Balance Life and Ironman Triathlon Training – http://jenrulon.com/2015/03/25/how-to-balance-life-with-ironman-triathlon-training
Disclaimer: Real IronDAD is a blog, website and podcast to help busy families make the healthiest choices possible. Real IronDAD Radio on iTunes, and the website realirondad.com are in no way shape or form affiliated with, partnering with, representing or otherwise associated with the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC), the world-famous Ironman® brand or any of its events around the world. For more information on this podcast, please visit us on our new website, Lean Green DAD at www.leangreendad.com. Thank you!