The Fittest Dad In The World - Rip Esselstyn
What You Will Learn This Episode:
Today’s guest is a dragon slayer! No, of course I am not talking about an actual dragon…I am referring to the five-headed chronic Western disease dragon that Rip Esselstyn references in his famous TED talk. Heart disease, breast and prostate cancer, diabetes and obesity are running rampant in our country. Every single day, Rip is fighting the good fight to help people across the country turn their health around. His father is a world-renowned heart surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic and he is the muscle behind the Forks Over Knives franchise and the creator of the Engine 2 Diet and Engine 2 brand of products that you can find exclusively at Whole Foods Market. I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did! Enjoy!
Items Mentioned In The Podcast:
- Rip’s TED Talk – HERE
- Forks Over Knives Documentary
- The five-headed Western disease dragon consists of heart disease, breast cancer, prostate cancer, diabetes and obesity
- Wonderful resources and information about Engine 2 and Whole Foods – HERE
- Amazing recipes and resources from the Engine 2 Diet – HERE
- Raise The Roof Sweet Potato Lasagna Recipe – you can make it in less than ten minutes with canned sweet potato puree, frozen vegetables, Engine 2 pasta sauces and noodles!
- Eating healthy is easy and affordable. The products are out there and they are accessible. All you have to do is go get them! From pizza crusts to skillet combinations, Engine 2 has it all at your local Whole Foods Market.
- Find 8-12 recipes that are quick and easy for you and your family and stick to those. They are easy to make and take ten minutes or less.
- There will always be an excuse to not eat healthy. Whether you think it is too expensive, you are too busy or like the Uber driver Rip talks about, you want to “enjoy life” by not worrying about the food you eat…you can do it! It’s all about your attitude and owning up to your commitment to yourself!
- If you have excuses on why you can’t eat healthy, you are your own worst enemy!
- Rip’s father, Caldwell Esselstyn, had a huge impact on Rip’s life.
- “2Forks” events including full immersion and weekend getaways that will change your life forever!
- Rip tries to get home every single day by 5 p.m. and drive his kids to school at least two times a week. On the weekends, Rip tries to always be home, no matter what.
Rip’s day of eating looks like this:
Breakfast – Rip’s Big Bowl with freshly thawed frozen mango, ruby red grapefruit and a banana on top
Lunch – Whole Foods salad bar. His favorite is the sweet potato bowl topped with brown rice, quinoa or barley. Then he picks a steamed green, collard greens, mustard greens or kale. He then does a tempe or tofu slice and finishes it off with caramelized onions. At home wraps and open-faced sandwiches are his favorite. Engine 2 hummus with mixed veggies and greens are his favorite.
Dinner – Rice and Beans Extravaganza. Brown rice, black beans and a tomato, pepper, avocado, bell pepper, frozen corn and put it on top of the warm black beans, rice and a spray of Braggs liquid aminos and Sriracha sauce.
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- Your Plant Based Family Update – July 14, 2018 - July 14, 2018
- How To Focus On The Moments That Matter This Father’s Day - June 11, 2018
- Your Plant Based Family Update – May 20, 2018 - May 19, 2018