I simply cannot believe how good these cookies tasted. These are on the top of my list right now for plant-based cookies. I can never quite get the consistency right with my usual oatmeal cookie recipe, but I finally got it right with this one Crunchy on the bottom, yet chewy as well. I know you will love these.
This recipe is inspired by my friends from Straight Up Food’s original post on Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I made a few tweaks to the recipe to make it work for me, but loved this idea!
- 12 dates, pitted and quartered (you might want to start the soak…look at method #1 below)
- 1 cup of rolled oats (blend dry in your blender…this will make your flour)
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats (for the cookie batter)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons of peanut butter (or any nut butter you prefer)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life)
- Before you get started, soak your dates in water for about 10-15 minutes so they get nice and soft (we will need them this way to help them blend easier in the blender).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all of the dry stuff together in one large bowl (oat flower, oats, baking powder, cinnamon) and mix it up.
- Next comes the blender. Mix together all the soaked dates (minus the water, of course), your nut butter of choice, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of the date-soaked water into your blender and blend it up until it is nice and smooth.
- Now you should have your wet and dry ingredients ready to go. Time to combine them! Keep stirring until they make a nice cookie dough.
- Once you have your dough, scoop it off spoonful by spoonful and roll them into a ball and push them down with your hands so they are flat. These cookies will not flatten from baking, so make sure you press them down into the size you want.
- Bake for 13 minutes and then leave them resting on the pan for 5 minutes and you have yourself an awesomely healthy snack!
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- Taking “Weird” All The Way To The Bank With LA Actor Tony Robinette - August 16, 2017
- How To Be Ultra Spiritual With JP Sears - August 10, 2017
- How To Assess All The Possibilities With Brain Balance - August 7, 2017