As you know, I love making recipes that are quick and easy. This recipe is one of those “set it and forget it” type of recipes that I absolutely love. While this one is not in an actual crockpot, once it’s simmering on the stove, the rest is easy! It gives me a chance to get the kids in the bathtub after a busy day of school while I check on dinner every now and then at the same time! The combination of onion, garlic and red bell peppers simmering in the vegetable broth really fills the house with a welcoming smell that makes everyone ask “ooh what’s for dinner?!” Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes, Cook Time: 30 minutes, Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice (you can make it fresh or in a froze steam bag in the microwave if you are in a hurry)
- Three 15oz. cans of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (we get the 365 brand from Whole Foods Market)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- One 4oz. jar of roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- One 15oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
1. In a large pot, simmer the onion, garlic, and red bell pepper in the vegetable broth and red wine over medium heat, for 10 minutes.
2. Add the beans, roasted red peppers, all spices, curry paste, and tomatoes, and continue cooking for another 20 minutes.
3. Add the cooked rice and heat until all of the ingredients are well combined and heated. Salt to desired taste and enjoy with your family!