This soup only has a few ingredients, but the combination of tastes makes the soup sing to everyone in the house. I highly recommend you invest in a good sweet potato for this one. They have a few specialty sweet potatoes out there, especially in our favorite grocery store, Whole Foods Market. The one we selected for this recipe had a butterscotch sweetness to it that really finished off the soup nicely. It only takes a few minutes to place the ingredients into a pot and then you just let it simmer until it is ready to be added to the Vitamix!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. onion powder (yes, you saw correctly...that is a tablespoon)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 carrots, diced
- 7 cups of vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful of crushed cashews for garnish
- In a large pot, combine all of the ingredients and cook over medium-high heat for 35 minutes*, or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Once ready, slowly spoon all of the cooked ingredients into your
- Vitamix Blender
- and secure the lid. Blend your mixture, starting at a 1 setting and increasing all the way up to its highest speed. Blend for two total minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add crushed cashews on top. Invite the kids to the table and enjoy!
The link above to Amazon is our affiliate link. If you choose to purchase, Amazon will throw us some loose commission change. Thank you so much for clicking if you are interested.
*Vitamix has compensated Lean Green DAD to talk about their amazing, life-changing blenders. For more details on what this means, please visit our disclosure page.
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- The Ultimate Dadlete Playground Workout - August 21, 2017
- Taking “Weird” All The Way To The Bank With LA Actor Tony Robinette - August 16, 2017
- How To Be Ultra Spiritual With JP Sears - August 10, 2017