Everyone needs a little treat every now and then, so that’s why I have put together this wonderfully sweet treat just for you. If it’s strawberry season for you, you must get out and grab a ton of them. Two containers from the store should do it for this recipe! The combination of flavors really makes for a refreshing treat for you and yours!
Prep Time: 7 minutes, Cook Time: 30 minutes, Total Time: 37 minutes (plus two hours in the fridge)
- 15-20 fresh strawberries (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup of plain almond yogurt (Kite Hill makes a great brand)
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup of agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free pie crust mix
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil*
1. Combine the pie crust mix and the coconut oil well, and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie or tart pan. (If you are trying to save time, look for a pre-made crust that fits for your family, then skip to step 3)
2. Bake the crust in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the tops from your strawberries (here is a fun way to do it) and then cut them into 1/8 inch slices.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine your lemon juice and agave or maple syrup.
5. When the pie crust is cool, spread the cup of almond yogurt evenly over the pie crust. Layer the berries over yogurt, and then spoon the lemon and agave mixture over the berries.
6. Cover the tart with plastic wrap and allow it to cool in the refrigerator for at least two hours before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
*Health Watch! This recipe contains non-GMO coconut oil. While many oils are non-GMO, all oils are high in saturated fat, calorically dense, and should be limited or eliminated to maintain a healthy lifestyle.