Four minutes! That is all the time it takes to make this incredible whole food, plant-based compliant black bean burger. With the right brands, anything is possible. That’s why you will see Heidi Ho Cheese (made from cashews) and also the Engine 2 brand (found exclusively at Whole Foods Market) mentioned in this recipe. I did this one open-faced and it turned out perfectly.
Prep Time: 2 minutes, Cook Time: 2 minutes; Total Time: 4 minutes
Serving Size: 1
- 1 top bun from the Engine 2 brand frozen, sprouted buns (found exclusively in Whole Foods Market’s freezer section)
- 1 Engine 2 Diet Poblano Black Bean Burger patty (also found exclusively at Whole Foods Market’s frozen section)
- 1 small container of Heidi-Ho “Pure” Cashew Cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tomato, washed and sliced
- spinach or crisp romaine
- sea salt and black pepper (optional)
1. Start by toasting your bun for 3 minutes in a toaster or toaster oven on medium.
2. Microwave your burger patty per the directions for :45 seconds per side, flipping once.
3. Slice your tomato and avocado and get ready to make art!
4. Once your bun is finished toasting, spread a hefty amount of Heidi-Ho Cashew Cheese on top of the bun for your first layer. After the cheese, place your black bean patty on top and then stack your sliced tomato, green spinach or romaine and avocado on top (in that order). Top with salt and pepper if you wish and enjoy!
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- The Ultimate Dadlete Playground Workout - August 21, 2017
- Taking “Weird” All The Way To The Bank With LA Actor Tony Robinette - August 16, 2017
- How To Be Ultra Spiritual With JP Sears - August 10, 2017