It seems so simple, but just like pairing a nice wine with dinner, the right combination goes a long way for our taste buds. In this very simple recipe, strawberry and basil compliment each other nicely to provide a solid dose of vitamin c from the strawberries and loads of extra vitamins from the lemon. Lemon juice keeps everything nice and fresh if you want to set it down at your next party. I know it’s simple, but sometimes we can all use a good reminder of the perfect pair…especially during the summer. Enjoy!
Chilled Strawberry Basil Summer Salad
Author: Kristin Mataluni
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 Pound Fresh Strawberries - Rinsed and Sliced
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Basil - Rinsed and Chopped
- Juice From 1 Lemon
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, gently combine the sliced berries with the lemon juice and freshly chopped mint.
- Allow the mixture to sit for thirty minutes, gently folding the berries over in the bowl every five minutes.
- Chill the berries until ready to serve. Garnish with a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint. This salad is delicious served over dairy-free ice cream or yogurt as well as all on its own.