This Instant Pot rice and beans hack is easy to make and really gives you a wonderfully healthy meal that has a “set it and forget it” type of feel. When they are done after just 22 minutes with a natural release, the beans are a perfect consistency. If you haven’t tried this recipe yet, give it a shot. If you want to be a hero to all of your friends, simply pin the pinnable image below.
I learned this method from my friend Jill Nussinow, who is the self-proclaimed “Veggie Queen.” She is a professional Instant pot chef and she mentioned this little gem during our podcast together. You don’t have to be a chef to work with the Instant Pot, but you do want to be familiar with how to use it if it is your first experience with a pressure cooker. Enjoy!
*the instant pot link above is an affiliate link. When you choose to buy from Amazon, using our link, they will throw us some loose commission change without affecting your price of the item. Thank you so much!
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 1.5 cup water or veggie broth
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Place rice at the bottom of the IP and pour in your water or broth.
- Place beans in an oven-safe bowl with spices of choice and place bowl and rack right on top of rice.
- Cook on 22 minutes low-pressure natural release and boom! Best rice and beans ever.
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- The Ultimate Dadlete Playground Workout - August 21, 2017
- Taking “Weird” All The Way To The Bank With LA Actor Tony Robinette - August 16, 2017
- How To Be Ultra Spiritual With JP Sears - August 10, 2017