Taco salads are relatively easy to make. Throw your favorite taco seasonings together and add some lettuce and a protein of choice and you’ve got yourself an awesome meal. For this recipe, we chose to use cauliflower for the base. Cauliflower is a very adaptable food that fits in nicely with Mexican spices.
You can find all of your materials, including the cauliflower, at your local grocery store. While we don’t usually use oil in many of our recipes, we use a tiny bit here to help the spices really stick to the cauliflower and to help it cook fast in the skillet. Making your own dressing is really fun for this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 Bag Fresh or Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Red Cabbage
- Bell Pepper
- Sweet Onion
- Red Chili Sauce
- Vegan Mayo
- Over medium heat, cook the cauliflower in the oil and the spices in a medium sized skillet for fifteen minutes, stirring often.
- Slice the vegetables for the salad and mix equal parts red chili sauce and vegan mayonnaise for the dressing.
- Add the cauliflower mixture to the salad after you have allowed it to cool for five or ten minutes.
- Top the salad with your dressing and enjoy!
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- Banana Raspberry Chai Protein Smoothie - March 20, 2018
- Your Plant Based Family Update – March 17, 2018 - March 17, 2018
- The Sugar-Free CEO of Zevia – Super Dad, Paddy Spence - March 7, 2018