This vibrant and refreshing Red Pear and Rosemary fruit salad is a perfect breakfast dish, snack or dessert for those days where you want something light and crisp! The rosemary in the dish adds a fragrant taste to the traditional fruit salad we all know and love. It’s also a great dish to prepare for those days where the temperature never seems to go down. Best of all, there is no need to feel guilty about indulging in this delicious and healthy dish!
This light and refreshing Red Pear and Rosemary Salad is:
- Easy to make with only five simple ingredients
- Vegan (Dairy & Egg-Free)
- Gluten-Free & Soy-Free
- 1 Ripe Red Pear - Diced
- 1 Pink Grapefruit - Peeled & Diced
- 1 Banana - Peeled & Sliced
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary - Finely Minced
- ½ tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- To create the salad, rinse the rosemary well, and remove each leaf from the sprig. Be selective and do not use any of the leaves that look sunburnt or woody in appearance.
- Mince the leaves finely, (similar to the consistency of coarsely ground black pepper), and set them aside while you prepare the fruit.
- Rinse the pear well, and peel the grapefruit and the banana.
- Remove as much of the pith as you can from the grapefruit and cut all of the fruits into bit sized pieces.
- Fold the pieces of fruit together gently in a large bowl and add the rosemary and black pepper.
- Allow the fruit salad to rest for at least fifteen minutes before serving to give the flavors a chance to melange.
- Enjoy this salad as a refreshing side dish, with breakfast, or with some dairy-free ice cream for dessert!