As you can imagine, I have a LOT of Vegan cookbooks. One of my favorites is The Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick-Godreau. She has a ton of recipes that inspire me, give me ideas and are pretty easy to follow. One of my absolute favorites is the book’s recipe for Three Bean Chili, so I thought I would share it with you. I love to serve it with some nice brown rice (seen above). The type of rice that takes 25-30 minutes to cook. So here it is, but remember, all the credit goes to Colleen and her book The Vegan Table for this awesome recipe! You can also check out our friends over at The Vegan Crew and their post about this awesome dish back in 2010 by clicking HERE
This Three Bean Chili Recipe is:
- packed with loads of flavor and nutrients
- amazing and easy to make
- a great meal prep option for your plant-based family
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- Water, to sauté the vegetables (3-4 tablespoons will do)
- 3 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow for color variety), seeded and chopped into ½" squares
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 dashes cayenne pepper (unless you are making for kids...then skip it to avoid the "dad it's too hot!"
- 1 can diced tomatoes (preferably organic and no salt or sugar added)
- ¼ cup frozen, organic, non-GMO sweet corn
- 1 can organic red kidney beans, well rinsed
- 1 can organic black beans, well rinsed
- 1 can organic pinto beans, well rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the 3-4 tablespoons of water in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add all your yummy veggies, including your peppers, onions, garlic, chili powder, coriander, cumin, oregano, cayenne.
- Skip the cayenne if you are making this for your kids to eat. Cook until the onions are translucent (about 5-10 minutes).
- Stir in the can of tomatoes, corn, and all the beans.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- That's it! Season with salt and black pepper.