It is the beginning of a new year and that means one thing for me as a busy dad with a daughter in competitive dance. No, not a resolution…competition season. While nearly 50% of the population is making new year resolutions, I am putting some thought into how I am going to carry seven fragile costumes, seven pairs of shoes, and all the accessories that come along with having a daughter that participates in competitive dance. Yes, I am proud to call myself a Dance Dad. My responsibilities are simple:
- Carry all heavy supplies, boxes, hair pieces, costumes, shoes, makeup, hair products, and everything else my daughter needs for her competition each day
- Drive my “MANivan” with my little dancer safely to the competition
- Be there. Be a present, participatory, supportive father for my little girl so that she knows I am always there for her and proud of her no matter the outcome
While it is up to me to achieve the last two items listed above, I have recently learned of some salvation to help me with quite possibly the most difficult bullet point up there… carrying EVERYTHING! Thanks to a partnership with Dream Duffel , I am happy to say that my job just got a lot easier!
Why It Is So Great
Not only does the medium-sized Dream Duffel expand into a mobile costume rack that holds 6-9 costumes, but it is built with quality materials. Everything from the zippers to the material to the fringe is top notch. My daughter is seven years old and she can roll the entire duffel herself, set it up with minimal help from an adult and feel organized and ready to focus on her dance moves. Stress, strain, and tears are avoided with the help of this wonderful invention and they have been helping young dancers everywhere since 2008!
Once the Dream Duffel is open, you can use the adjustable dividers to separate out your items. Have a fragile item like a fancy headpiece? No problem. Just velcro the adjustable row on top of your fragile item and everything will stay right where it is supposed to. Need to store a cold drink? One of the pockets on the front is insulated with the right stuff to keep your water cold! Side mesh compartments perfectly stores all of those smelly shoes, while still letting them air out for a bit. In addition to all these great features, here is what comes standard with the medium-sized bag as featured in the video:
- One Touch Telescoping Garment Rack (Rack Height 52″)
- Rolls with Ease on Monster Wheels with Retractable Push Button Handle
- Lift and Carry with Heavy Duty Top and Side Handles
- Folding Stool Pocket
- Insulated Snack Pocket
- Expandable Top Flap
- Top Compression Straps
- Interior Full Width Top Flap Zippered Storage
- Exterior 5.5” x 14” Top Flap Zippered Storage
- Interior End Mesh Pockets
- 2 Removable Interior Storage Dividers
- Ventilation Grommets
- Exterior D-Rings for Attachments
I can’t say enough great things about the Dream Duffel and hope that as a busy dance parent you will consider adding to your collection of dance gear. We do a lot of traveling for competitions and this transport system is a huge life saver for a busy dance dad like me!
*Dream Duffel has partnered with Lean Green DAD to talk about their amazing duffels. For more details on what this means, please visit our disclosure page.
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- From Triathlons To Standing Desk, Eight Hour Workdays - November 14, 2019
- Sweet Onion Barbecue Sandwich - May 23, 2019
- Welcome Back To Lean Green DAD! - May 19, 2019