Adding a whole-food, multivitamin to your daily regimen could pay dividends for you and your health if you have a busy lifestyle.
We all want to be as healthy as we can be. We spend our days working hard and try to make the best decisions possible when it comes to the food we put in our bodies. Sometimes though, our nutrition is less than stellar. We might forget to eat enough fruits and veggies one day or miss out on greens and then it’s hard to keep up. Now just to clarify, you don’t want to rely on vitamin supplements to keep you healthy, but if you choose the right one, they can certainly help to keep you nutritionally balanced when you are having a rough day. No matter what is happening in your life, always take your vitamin. As I said before, it’s your insurance policy for health.
So what brand do you pick? Heading to the grocery store and grabbing whatever says “vitamin” off the shelf is not really the best idea. Often times these products are filled with synthetic additives and junk that you want to avoid in the first place, so I recommend you look for three key things when trying to pick a multivitamin:
1. Go organic – Anytime you can get an organic ingredient, and it is not overpriced by the individual store you are buying it from, go for it. Watch out for price gouging on some organic products. Just because something is organic doesn’t mean that it needs to be more expensive. My trusted resources for buying vitamins online include amazon.com and vitacost.com. These are two great places to look for multivitamins.
2. Whole Food Ingredients – When you eat food, you want to put the most calorie dense, nutrient-rich foods in your body. Remember, this vitamin is there to fill in the gaps when you don’t get a chance to eat everything you should…so it makes sense to have your vitamin come from the same source that you would put in your body if you had the time…whole food.
3. Raw – Vitamins and minerals come from the food that we eat and when food is given in its purest form, our bodies are fully able to benefit from the vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, enzymes and antioxidants. Look for a vitamin that contains whole foods in their purest form…raw. When a food is raw, it is protected from heat processing and retains all of its beneficial qualities to be used 100% by your body.
Take out the guesswork of wondering if you’ve had everything you need for the day by taking a daily multivitamin. You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that your body is getting what it needs. Ok, now the important part…what brand do I recommend? There are only a handful of whole food multivitamins out there that I trust and only one that I actually take. As you might know, Vega is one of my supporters, but truth be told, I use their products every single day of my life. With so many pills out there on the market, it feels good to simply add Vega Vitamins to my water every day. It tastes great and fits into the profile of everything I described above. The Vega Drinkable Vitamins are affordable, convenient, and effective to help you make it through your busy life with the peace of mind knowing that your body has the fuel it needs to go the extra mile for your family! Get your Vega Vitamins (CLICK THE LINK) by visiting Vega’s website.
*Vega is a proud supporter of Lean Green DAD and has compensated Lean Green DAD to talk about their new Vega Vitamins. For more details on what this means, please visit our disclosure page.
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- From Triathlons To Standing Desk, Eight Hour Workdays - November 14, 2019
- Sweet Onion Barbecue Sandwich - May 23, 2019
- Welcome Back To Lean Green DAD! - May 19, 2019