As the winter months approach, having a nice, warm meal sounds better and better each night. Soups and sauces really sing during the cold months at the end of the year and this special recipe is a hit with my busy family. My favorite thing about this recipe is that it’s easy to make and can serve as a side or a main course! The key is to have a great combination of spices, which are all listed below for you. Enjoy!
*This recipe is vegan and gluten free!
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- 2 tsp. organic vegetable broth
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. of fresh sage
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Cook the brown rice according to directions. For two cups of rice, you should have to use approximately 4 cups of water to cook it. If you are in a hurry, a frozen steam bag in the microwave works too!
- After the rice is done, add 2 tbsp. of olive oil (optional) and the 2 tsp. of organic vegetable broth.
- While your rice is cooking, in a large skillet cook the onion and celery for a few minutes on medium heat, stirring often, until veggies become clear. You can add 2 tbsp. of water to cook them in or you can add the remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- When the veggies are done, add the sage, parsley, rosemary, thyme, coriander, and black pepper and cook for another two minutes and enjoy!