Most adults are familiar with the chocolate pudding pack they often found in their lunchbox when they went to elementary school. These packs are still around today, conveniently pre-made and ready to grab and go. However, it turns out that these treats are not very healthy as they contain refined sugar, hydrogenated oils, artificial thickeners, and dyes. It turns out that you can make a very simple, quick, nutritious and just-as-delicious chocolate pudding at home with only three ingredients. It is perfect for packing as a lunchbox treat or enjoying as a dessert with your family (yes, parents can have some too!).
Prep Time: 5 minutes, Blend Time: 2 minutes; Total Time: 7 minutes
Serving Size: 1 (recipe can be doubled, triped, etc. as needed)
- 1 medium or large avocado (ripe, soft flesh)
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup (adjust to your desired sweetness)
1. Add avocado flesh into your Vitamix or high-speed blender and process or blend until smooth and creamy, pausing when needed to scrape down sides.
2. Add your powder of choice and syrup and blend until smooth, pausing or pulsing when needed to get every bit blended.
3. Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate for around two hours to allow the pudding to set.
Please note that the avocado will oxidize over time, so it is best to eat this tasty treat within one day of making it. Enjoy!