Delicious Vegan Eggplant Rueben
Author: Kristin Mataluni
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 1 sandwich
- Two slices of vegan, whole grain bread
- One Eggplant
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepared Horseradish (Egg Free)
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Canned Sauerkraut (Bavarian Style)
- Toast your whole grain bread in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Prepare eggplant by slicing into one-inch slices and sprinkle salt & pepper on one side.
- Use an indoor grill, sandwich press, or small skillet on medium heat to sear the eggplant.
- When eggplant changes from white to yellow, it has been fully cooked!
- Spread both slices of toast with equal parts horseradish sauce and vegan mayonnaise.
- Add several forks full of sauerkraut to one slice of toast and then top with rounds of seared eggplant
- Finish with second slice of toast and enjoy!