Raising Vegan Kids In Non-Vegan Households
Dietitian Heather Borders of Kailo Nutrition talks with Cory Warren from Lean Green DAD on where to start when you have a child in your family who wants to begin a vegan lifestyle in a family that might not necessarily be vegan. Lots of great information for folks just starting out on a vegan diet and busy parents who want to help their kids start a plant-based lifestyle in a family that might not be 100% vegan!
Clean Machine – This episode of Lean Green DAD is also brought to you by Clean Machine, providing the best line of clean vegan sports nutrition supplements on the planet! RIGHT NOW (July 1-31, 2017) in celebration of their four year anniversary, there is a HUGE BOGO sale going on. Visit them online at cleanmachineonline.com and use the code LEANGREENBOGO4 for buy one get one free on any of their supplements. (not including apparel and only valid for shipping in the US)
Our show is brought to you as a proud member of the Parents On Demand Network.
Items Mentioned In The Podcast:
- Visit Heather Border’s website HERE
- Follow Heather on Facebook HERE
- How much protein do you need? For this answer, you should look at the following equation: Your weight in pounds, divided by 2.2. Then multiply that by 0.8. For example for me, who weighs 155, divided by 2.2 = 70.4. Multiply that by 0.8 and I get 56. So 56 grams of protein per day is more than enough for me. For kids, the multiplication can vary and instead of 2.2, you would want to use a 1.1 multiplier.
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- Easy Water Chestnuts & Broccoli with Mushrooms Recipe - February 18, 2018
- Your Plant Based Family Update – February 17, 2018 - February 16, 2018
- Vegan Bodybuilder Fraser Bayley – From Butcher To Vegan - February 16, 2018