There’s something about vegan coffee cake that can really start off a morning the right way. When you pair it with a cup of…you guessed it…coffee, it can be perfection. The flavor of the cake must compliment the coffee’s robust taste and warmth. This recipe takes those who are wishing to live a completely whole-food, plant-based lifestyle into consideration by containing absolutely no refined sugar, oil or soy!
This Vegan Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake recipe is:
- Quick to bake: 20 minute prep time + 40 minute bake time = ready in 1 Hour!
- Naturally Sweetened – No Refined Sugar
*the recipe does contain nuts
- 2 cups oat flour
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened plain non-dairy milk
- 2 small containers (each container 4 oz or 127 g) unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add and mix all cake ingredients together until well combined. Pour the cake batter into the baking dish.
- Rinse and dry the same bowl and then add and gently mix together the streusel ingredients with a fork until it forms a crumble. Place the crumble evenly on top of the cake batter. Gently press down on the crumble to help it stick to the top of the cake batter.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes. Once the coffee cake is done baking, remove from oven and set on the counter to cool down for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, slightly melt the coconut butter by heating it in the microwave for 20 seconds or in a sauce pan on low heat. Then add the maple syrup and mix both together until well combined. The mixture should be smooth and able to be drizzled with a spoon. Drizzle the glaze on top of the coffee cake.
- Let the cake sit for few minutes to allow time for the glaze to firm up before slicing and eating. Store leftovers on the counter for a few days or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.