No-bake chocolate chip cookies are popular, but these little babies are packed with enough protein to fuel your workouts. The cacao nibs make them perfect for an energy boost and even better for a post-workout snack! If you are not sure how the chickpeas will taste as the main ingredient in the dough, fear not. These little bites are incredibly satisfying and are a real win for satisfying those with a sweet tooth that are on a whole-food, plant-based diet!
These chocolate chip bites:
- Contain only five ingredients and are made in just three steps
- Are vegan (Dairy & Egg-Free)
- Are gluten-Free & Soy-Free
- Contain no refined sugar or oil (if using unsweetened cacao nibs)
- Are nut-free (if using seed butter instead of nut butter)
Looking for an easy way to help your family eat more plant-based foods like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s healthy meal plan each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership (just $8.25 per month) to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory and full access to a plant-based dietitian and medical doctor through our private Facebook group, to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free (no credit card required) by clicking HERE!
- 1 can (15oz) drained & rinsed or 1 ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup pure nut or seed butter of choice
- 8 Medjool dates - pits removed
- ½ cup cacao nibs or Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips
- Add chickpeas, oats, nut or seed butter of choice and dates into food processor or blender and process until everything is well combined, stopping when needed to scrape down the sides of the food processor or blender.
- Remove dough ball and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the cacao nibs or chocolate chips and gently fold them into the dough using your hands until they are evenly combined into the dough.
- Take 1 tablespoon of dough and form into a ball by rolling it in your hands.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Enjoy! Store them in the fridge for up to about 2 weeks.