Making homemade baby food in your Instant Pot is easier than you think! We all want our babies to grow up eating the healthiest foods we can find. What’s better than apples, berries and some super veggies in their bellies? Nothing! That’s what! These pouches are easy to make and while the ingredients are steaming in the Instant Pot, you can clean up around the house, wash baby bottles, do laundry or maybe if the baby is sleeping…take a much-deserved nap.
These homemade instant pot apple-berry baby pouches are:
- Easy to make with only seven ingredients and ready in just three simple steps
- Vegan (Dairy & Egg-Free)
- Gluten-Free & Soy-Free
- Free from refined sugar or oil
- 1 Green Apple - Peeled & Cored
- 1 Pint Blackberries - Well Rinsed
- 2 c. Baby Carrots
- 1 Sweet Potato - Peeled & Sliced
- ½ c. Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 c. Water
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot. Make sure to seal the machine properly and be sure that it is set to vent. Put the machine on the stew setting to cook for thirty minutes.
- After the mixture has cooked, carefully open the machine and allow it to cool for about an hour. Transfer the contents to a blender or use a hand blender to mash all of the ingredients into a sauce.
- You can enjoy the sauce in a bowl, or for a travel treat, transfer the sauce with a ladle into ziplock bags to make pouches! These can be stored in the fridge for a few days. Just remember to take your scissors along to snip off the tip of a pouch and enjoy!