Summer is coming to a close…in fact, with the “ber” months in full effect, you’d think we’d be on our way to recipes using squash and cinnamon. But here in Florida, we can still squeeze in another summer recipe to keep things light and refreshing before we head into the swing of the holiday season. That’s why we LOVE this refreshing pickled radish and cucumber salad. It has just the right amount of crisp, crunchy and tart. Fresh dill has a calming effect and adds a mild herbal aroma to the already flavorful red wine vinegar. We hope you enjoy this refreshing salad as a side dish OR as the main course! Savor this dish, while enjoying your last days of summer.
This Pickled Radish and Cucumber Salad is:
- Easy to make with only seven ingredients
- Vegan (Dairy & Egg-Free)
- Gluten-Free & Soy-Free
- 1 Cucumber - Rinsed, Peeled and Sliced Thin
- 8 Medium Radishes - Well Rinsed & Thinly Sliced
- ½ Red Onion - Sliced Thin
- ½ c. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Sprig Fresh Dill - Finely Chopped
- Add all of the ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- For one half hour turn the vegetables gently in the bowl every five minutes to coat them all in vinegar.
- After a half hour - cover the salad and put it in the refrigerator to chill for thirty minutes before serving. Enjoy!