Did someone say tofu fries?! These Vegan Baked Tofu Fries are unlike anything you’ve had before. They have the perfect crunch on the outside and a soft, warm center! They are perfect snacks for the little ones and also would pair well with a yummy meal. Once you try these, you may be hooked! Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
These crunchy Vegan Baked Tofu Fries are:
- Easy to make with only a five simple ingredients
- Vegan (Dairy & Egg-Free)
- Gluten-Free & Soy-Free
- 1 package (14oz or about 400g) extra firm tofu
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour blend
- Seasonings of choice (for example, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp onion powder, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp cumin, ¼ tsp paprika
- For an even firmer tofu that will not crumble when handled, freeze your tofu overnight and then place it on the counter to thaw completely in the morning of the day that you plan to make the tofu fries.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the tofu package, drain out the water and using a towel, very gently press out the excess water and pat the tofu dry. You can press out more water by wrapping the tofu in the towel, placing a slightly heavy object on top and letting it sit for a couple of minutes. This may help achieve a crispier texture, but I used the quicker method and was still able to achieve fries that were crispy enough to my liking.
- Place the tofu block on its side and cut it in half. Then lay each half down and cut each half length-wise into 8 straight pieces to make a total of 16 fry shaped pieces.
- Mix the flour and seasonings together until combined. Place and coat or dredge each fry one by one in the mixture, gently shaking off any excess flour, and place the fries spaced out on the baking sheet.
- Bake the fries for 25 to 30 minutes or until the fries are looking slightly crispy and golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!