These tasty green beans with shallots and tomatoes make for a delicious side or even a light dinner or lunch and are super nutritious! This has become my go-to green bean dish. I make it whenever I get the chance. I like to eat the green beans warm or at room temperature. Either way, they are delicious!
This tasty green beans with shallots and tomatoes recipe is:
- a new twist to a classic dish
Looking for an easy way to help your family eat more plant-based foods like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s healthy meal plan each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership (just $8.25 per month) to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory and full access to a plant-based dietitian and medical doctor through our private Facebook group, to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free (no credit card required) by clicking HERE!
- 1 bag frozen Green Beans
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (peeled and minced)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the green beans for 2 - 5 minutes, then quickly remove them from the boiling water to drain so that they will remain crisp.
- In a small saucepan sauté the shallot and the sun-dried tomatoes in the 2 tbsp of water, over medium heat, stirring often, for three minutes.
- Transfer the green beans to a large bowl and toss them well with the shallot and tomato mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.