I LOVE Tacos! I think they’re one of the greatest gifts to man. These Awesome Vegan Tempeh Tacos are revolutionary! Perfect for Taco Tuesday or Taco Any-day! This recipe is warm, hearty and packed with a powerful plant protein punch in every bite! Give them a try at your next taco inspired event!
These yummy Vegan Tempeh Tacos are:
- full of plant-based protein
- a great addition to your next family night!
Looking for an easy way to help your family eat more plant-based foods like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s healthy meal plan each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership (just $8.25 per month) to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory and full access to a plant-based dietitian and medical doctor through our private Facebook group, to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free (no credit card required) by clicking HERE!
- 1 package of corn tortillas
- 1 package tempeh
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- In a large skillet heat the tempeh, water, corn, and tomatoes, over medium-high heat, for ten minutes. (break up your tempeh with a wooden spoon in the skillet to help it cook like crumbles)
- Stir the mixture often and add in the spices as the tempeh cooks.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for under fifteen seconds. Just until they are warm.
- Combine the salsa and the vegan mayo to make the sauce.
- After the taco mixture has cooked, spoon it onto the tortillas and top them with the slaw and the salsa-mayo dressing.