Ants on a log is a fun and simple snack made by filling celery sticks with a spread, in this version nut or seed butter, and placing raisins on top. With just the right amount of crunch, chewiness and sweetness, this ants on a log recipe is a fun, easy and healthy snack that is sure to please and is a great way to get kids to eat more veggies!
This easy and healthy Ants on a Log Recipe is:
- naturally sweetened
- fun to make and eat
- an excellent quick snack idea
Looking for an easy way to help your family eat more plant-based foods like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s healthy meal plan each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership (just $8.25 per month) to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory and full access to a plant-based dietitian and medical doctor through our private Facebook group, to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free (no credit card required) by clicking HERE!
- 4 celery stalks
- ¼ cup nut or seed butter of choice
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Rinse off and dry celery stalks, trim off leaves and white sections on bottom of stalks and cut four whole celery stalks into halves.
- Place ½ tablespoon of nut or seed butter of choice along the inside of the curved edge of each celery half.
- Place about 6 raisins spread apart onto the surface of each filled celery half. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Cedric Torres (see all)
- No-Bake, Bite-Sized Vegan Brownies - February 17, 2018
- Brazil Nut Stuffed Dates Recipe - February 13, 2018
- Everything BUT the Bagel – Seasoned Avocado Snacks - February 13, 2018