Apple snacks that your kids will love! I love bagels. I also love apples. When you combine the two, you get the cinna-raisin breadless apple bagel! The bread from the bagel is swapped out for an apple in this quick and easy recipe that is kid-friendly and fun to make and eat! Have your little helpers make it for an even bigger chance of them eating it. Let them put the nut butter on and then dress it with raisins. Enjoy!
These Apple Snacks Are:
- naturally sweetened
- quick and easy to make
- fun to make in the kitchen with your little helpers
- a light and healthy snack
Looking for an easy way to help your family eat more plant-based foods like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s healthy meal plan each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership (just $8.25 per month) to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory and full access to a plant-based dietitian and medical doctor through our private Facebook group, to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free (no credit card required) by clicking HERE!
- 4 apples
- ¼ cup pure nut or seed butter of choice
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cut apples into round slices.
- Gently cut around the center core of each slice and remove it to make a hole in the center of each slice, similar to a bagel.
- Spread nut or seed butter of choice onto each apple slice and top evenly with raisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Enjoy! This snack is best eaten soon after preparation as the sliced apples can brown over time.