This roasted corn and peppers recipe is versatile and filling, and my kids never turn it down! It can be used it to fill tortillas and make fiesta burritos, or even use it to fill tacos on taco night! This recipe is a wonderful addition to a busy night for your family.
This fun Roasted Corn and Peppers Recipe is:
- a wonderful meal to make when you are in a bind
- one of many easy vegan meals for your family
- a great part of a plant-based diet for kids
- a great idea for lunch or dinner
Looking for an easy way to help your family eat more plant-based foods like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s healthy meal plan each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership (just $8.25 per month) to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory and full access to a plant-based dietitian and medical doctor through our private Facebook group, to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free (no credit card required) by clicking HERE!
- ½ large whole green bell pepper (rinsed & diced)
- 3 small whole red bell peppers (rinsed & diced)
- 3 small whole yellow bell peppers (rinsed & diced)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 bag frozen corn (15 oz. bag works)
- 1 bag microwaveable rice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 dash of salt & pepper
- 1 dash fresh parsley
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package. We use frozen rice that we can steam in the bag to make it quick and easy.
- In a medium-sized skillet, sauté the peppers in the water over medium-high heat, for five minutes. Add the corn and spices and continue cooking for another five minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir the rice in well before adding salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if you choose.