This vegan hominy and black bean salad gives you a chance to try something new to your plant-based meal plans! Perhaps you are not familiar with hominy, but you should be! Hominy can sometimes be difficult to find in certain stores, so you might have to ask, but since it is technically a corn, there is a pretty good chance you can find it in the canned veggies aisle. Look close to the beans and you will find them! They are worth hunting down for a different taste and a great add to your easy vegan meals. Hominy has an amazing texture and a hearty buttery flavor that you plant-based family will love!
This Vegan Hominy and Black Bean Salad Recipe is:
- hearty and delicious
- quick and easy to make
- great for lunch or dinner
- great for on-the-go easy plant-based meals
- perfect for a plant-based diet for kids
Looking for an easy way to help your family eat more plant-based foods like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s healthy meal plan each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership (just $8.25 per month) to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory and full access to a plant-based dietitian and medical doctor through our private Facebook group, to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free (no credit card required) by clicking HERE!
- 1 can hominy (rinsed & drained)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 small tomato (rinsed & diced)
- 1 15 oz package microwaveable rice
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package, then transfer the rice to a dinner plate where you can spread it out with a fork to cool.
- While the rice cools, prepare the other ingredients, and combine them all in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- When the rice has cooled gently, stir the rice into the rest of the salad mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.