This easy vegan meal of water chestnuts & broccoli with mushrooms is full of awesome nutrition and a crunchy satisfaction for your plant-based family! The crunch of freshly-sliced water chestnuts is like no other. At our house, we prefer to buy them whole, peeled, and canned, rather than buy the sliced variety that you most often find in stores. When we slice them at home, we can typically get them much thinner, which makes them easier to eat.
This easy vegan meal of water chestnuts & broccoli with mushrooms recipe is:
- easy to make with only a few simple ingredients
- a great addition to your weekly plant-based meal plans
- vegan (dairy & egg-free)
- gluten-free & soy-free
- a great source of antioxidants
- a great recipe if you are looking for a plant-based diet for kids
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership (just $8.25 per month) to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory and full access to a plant-based dietitian and medical doctor through our private Facebook group, to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free (no credit card required) by clicking HERE!
- 1 can water chestnuts (drained & sliced)
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 15oz bag of frozen broccoli
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 dash Sriracha sauce (optional)
- In a medium-sized skillet, cook the mushrooms and water chestnuts over medium-high heat for three minutes.
- Add the frozen broccoli, and continue cooking for five more minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds, spices, and soy or aminos, and keep stirring until the dish is warm and well mixed.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Top with Sriracha Sauce, if you like it spicy, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- Banana Raspberry Chai Protein Smoothie - March 20, 2018
- Your Plant Based Family Update – March 17, 2018 - March 17, 2018
- The Sugar-Free CEO of Zevia – Super Dad, Paddy Spence - March 7, 2018