With just three steps, this vegan black beans and rice recipe is a great go-to meal for your busy plant-based family. What makes this such a quick meal to create is using microwaveable rice packages. The black beans are a wonderful source of protein while the roasted red peppers add flavor (and color), and the parsley helps to keep this dish fresh.
This Vegan Black Beans And Rice Recipe is:
- less than 4 steps to make
- a great part of a plant-based diet for kids
- a great idea for lunch or dinner
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 package microwaveable rice
- 1 can black beans - rinsed & drained
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers - drained & minced
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the rice, according to the directions on the package, while you chop the parsley and roasted red peppers.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add the black beans and the roasted red pepper to the tablespoon of water, and simmer for three minutes while mixing well.
- Into the saucepan add the spices and the cooked rice. Continue to cook until all of the ingredients are hot and well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste, and finish with parsley on top.