Vegan tomato soup at it’s best. This creamy vegan tomato soup recipe is exactly what you have been looking for. Satisfying and perfect with a grilled cheese or by itself. A great addition to your plant-based family. In this easy vegan meal, the white rice and almond milk help to give the creamy consistency you’ve been looking for. Make sure to stick to unsweetened almond milk so you don’t have any added sweet taste, etc. I know our family always has a problem by accidentally using our little guy’s vanilla almond milk rather than the unsweetened and it sometimes gives you that “hmm something’s not right” type of feeling. Made the right way, this recipe will sing for you. Have a blast making it with your kiddos!
This creamy vegan tomato soup with rice recipe is:
- a great addition to your easy vegan meals that uses instant rice (but you can always make it from scratch if you have the time)
- a comfort food, especially when paired with a grilled cheese (vegan of course)
- a great idea for lunch or dinner for your plant-based family
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups (or one package) microwaveable white rice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Over medium-high heat, in a medium sized pan, cook the tomato sauce, almond milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and basil for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the rice according to the directions in the microwave, then spoon it into bowls to serve.
- Salt and pepper the soup to taste.
- Pour the hot soup into bowls over the rice.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.