This recipe is the king of easy vegan pasta recipes. The mixture of the subtle tartness of the cherry tomatoes and the zing of the cayenne pepper really heat this dish up. If you are cooking at home for your special someone, then this dish is sure to spice up the evening. If you are cooking this meal as part of your plant-based diet for kid, you can skip the cayenne. Your boring pasta nights just got an upgrade!
The King of Vegan Pasta Recipes: Sweet Cherry Tomato. This recipe is:
- a zesty addition to your plant-based meal plans
- less than 5 steps to make
- the perfect addition to your plant-based family
- a dinner date night specialty
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 small box of pasta noodles
- 1 container of fresh cherry tomatoes - sliced in half
- 8 - 10 fresh basil leaves - rinsed & chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In a medium sized pan, over medium heat, cook the tomatoes in the water for five minutes.
- Add the basil & spices and continue cooking, stirring often, for five more minutes or until the tomatoes are beginning to break down.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve the sauce over the pasta while
- piping hot!