This chickpea salad with avocado sandwich really hits the spot. This recipe has so much flavor, that it will brighten up your day. Since making the recipe is so simple, your kids might even enjoy making it with you. Your plant-based family can make this for lunch, dinner or a snack on a lazy Sunday. This salad comes together beautifully, and goes great on toast, in a hearty sandwich, or even a bagel. Yum!
This Chickpea Salad With Avocado Sandwich Recipe is:
- a great addition to a weekend
- one of many easy plant-based meals you can make at home
- creamy and delicious with lots of flavor
- versatile in that it can be eaten on crackers, toast or a sandwich
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 8 oz chickpeas - rinsed & drained
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup plant-based mayo
- juice from ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- bagel, or toast, or crackers
- With the kids:
- To smash the chick peas, lay out a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Pour the chickpeas into the center of the plastic and then cover them with another sheet of wrap.
- Use a rolling pin to gently smash the chickpeas, moving from the outside to the inside to prevent the chick peas from being squished out onto the counter. (Small children will need supervision.)
- Without the kids:
- In a medium sized bowl smash the avocado with a fork until it is somewhat smooth, but still contains small chunks of avocado.
- Add the chickpeas, red onion, mayo, and lemon juice and combine well.
- Salt and pepper the salad to taste, and then add it to the sandwich or toast of your choice.