You have got to try this vegan hot dog recipe. I know that there are lots of ways to eat “not-dogs,” but this version has been a favorite in our household for years, and the broccoli sprouts add a punch of extra nutrition. We make ours on the George Foreman grill, but you totally make yours however you’d like. Adding them to a traditional grill-out is always great because you fit right in with the crowd!
This Vegan Hot Dog Recipe is:
- a plant-based meal your whole family will love
- ready in under 10 minutes
- a recipe you will want to pin to your fridge and make on busy nights
- a perfect starter recipe for someone on a newly vegan diet
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 pkg vegan whole wheat buns
- 1 pkg non-meat hot dogs
- 1 bag of broccoli sprouts
- 1 medium thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp vegan mayo
- Toast the buns and the hot dogs in the oven or toaster oven on a tray, at 350, for five minutes.
- The mayo goes on the bottom and helps to keep those sprouts where they belong. Then goes the hot dog, ketchup, and onions on top.
- In just moments you have super-charged not-dogs to enjoy!
Crispy French Onions
Mustard on top
Beanie Weenie Dog
Green Apple/Celery/Lemon Mixture