For this hot and sour noodle bowl, you will be asked to make it again and again. My family was rushing to get seconds, of this delicious soup, when I made it the other day. The balance between the sweet and sour is absolutely delicious. Forget about that fast food place that serves your favorite noodles. Make this at home in just 15 minutes and call it a night! No driving, no fuss, no problem.
This Vegan Hot and Sour Noodle Bowl is:
- bursting with flavor
- a plant-based meal everyone will love
- so easy to make, that you will make it again and again
- a great alternative to your normal noodles
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 4 mini bell peppers - seeded & sliced
- 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 handful cilantro - rinsed & chopped
- 1 jalapeno - thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 8 to 10 oz dry rice noodles
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ cup agave syrup
- In a large pot sauté the garlic and onion in the two tablespoons of water, over medium heat, for five minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Adjust the heat to high, and let the soup come to a boil.
- While the soup is heating, add the lime juice, vinegar, sriracha, pepper,and agave.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high once it is boiling, and add the bean sprouts and noodles.
- Continue cooking the soup at a gentle boil for five more minutes, or until the noodles have softened.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with cilantro and jalapeño.