This mushroom leek soup is so rich and creamy, but the flavors are light and simple. It pairs perfectly with a quiet evening at home. Maybe put the kids to bed early and enjoy this one with a glass of red wine. You deserve it!
This Mushroom Leek Soup Recipe is:
- an easy recipe that is a part of our plant-based meal plans
- a soup that will fill you up, but won’t fill you out
- perfect as a comfort food, that will become one of your favorites
- perfectly paired with a glass of wine (because you earned it)
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 leeks
- 4-5 large Crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp coriander
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse the leeks carefully before removing the tops and bottoms, then cut the leeks lengthwise and look for any additional silt. If you see a bit of dirt inside of the leek, just gently rinse it out before slicing the leeks crosswise into small strips.
- Rinse and dry the mushrooms and then pop out the caps before slicing the caps of the mushrooms.
- In a medium sized pot, sauté the leeks in the water, over medium heat, for five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, milk, broth, and coriander, adjust the heat to medium-high, and allow the soup to come to a gentle boil.
- Boil the soup for three minutes before removing it from the heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.