Sweet apple & raspberry grits are an excellent option, in the morning. Do you eat breakfast in the morning? Some folks might fast, others might need to fill the tank up early as soon as they wake up. Whatever you do, this is a great new option for your plant-based family. This is also a great recipe to try out on kiddos who aren’t usually into hot breakfasts. Quick and easy to make – it will get you warmed up, fueled up, and headed out the door in a flash.
This Sweet Apples & Raspberry Grits Recipe is:
- an easy breakfast option
- a great part of a plant-based diet for kids
- a vegan meal you, and your kids, will love
- a filling and great way to start your day
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 package instant grits
- ½ cup pre-sliced apples (about 8 slices)
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- Cut the peel from the apple slices and cut them into small cubes.
- In a medium sized, microwave safe, bowl add all of the ingredients, except for the grits, and microwave for two minutes.
- Remove the bowl carefully from the microwave, and stir well. Add the package of grits to the mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Return the bowl to the microwave and heat for 30 minutes. Take the bowl out and give it another good stir before returning it to the microwave to cook one more time for a last 30 minutes.
- Stir up the grits one more time, and they are ready to eat.