This sweet & spicy cabbage salad will really brighten up your day. Cabbage for me has always been one of those things that I love to add to a salad to really have some color when I make large mixes for parties. The crisp and crunchy feeling it provides really helps make salad less boring. The great thing about cabbage is that it has so many health benefits, including helping provide you with some super vitamin C and gut-healing properties that will leave your tummy feeling awesome. This is a light refreshing salad that is crunchy, crispy, and healthy.
This Sweet & Spicy Cabbage Salad Recipe is:
- a great idea for a social gathering with lots of folks
- very easy to throw together when in a time crunch
- filled with lots of vitamin c, fiber and gut-healing properties
- easy to digest
- fun to look at
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage slaw
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 1 jalapeno pepper - thinly sliced
- 3 mini bell peppers - seeded & thinly sliced
- 1 handful cilantro - rinsed & chopped
- 1 radish - thinly sliced
- 1 mini cucumber - sliced
- ½ avocado - sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
- juice from ½ lime
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the fresh ingredients except for the avocado and jalapeño slices, and gently toss until well combined.
- Gently lay the sliced avocado and jalapeños on top of the other ingredients.
- To make the dressing, combine the five ingredients in a small bowl and whisk gently until the mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad and serve right away.