The simplest healthy Vegan Shamrock Shake is here! The spinach provides the natural green color, the dairy-free yogurt and bananas bring creaminess and natural sweetness, and the mint and chocolate give the shake its classic flavor. This is a perfect easy to make snack for St. Patrick’s Day or any day of the year!
This Vegan Shamrock Shake Recipe is:
- easy to make
- will leave you feeling great
- is a great way to get more green in your life
- an excellent recipe for those starting a plant-based diet for kids
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 cup raw loose leaf spinach
- 1 cup plain unsweetened dairy free yogurt (plus extra for topping)
- ¾ cup plain unsweetened dairy free milk or water
- 4 medium fresh ripe bananas (or frozen bananas for a thicker ice cream consistency)
- ¼ tsp mint extract or 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup cacao nibs or naturally sweetened oil free vegan chocolate chips (plus extra for topping)
- ¼ tsp hemp seeds (optional)
- ½ scoop Clean Green Protein (optional, for color)
- Place the spinach, yogurt, milk or water, bananas and mint into a blender or food processor and blend until all ingredients are well combined and the shake is smooth.
- Add the cacao nibs or chocolate chips and the optional hemp seeds and protein powder and blend very briefly, just until evenly mixed into the shake.
- Serve about 1 cup of the shake into 4 separate glasses and top each shake with a tablespoon of extra yogurt and a tablespoon of cacao nibs or chocolate chips (and a mint leaf is for garnish). Enjoy! Store leftovers in fridge for up to 1 week.