Almond butter granola is one of my favorite snacks that goes well with fruit and yogurt, or simply on its own. The benefit of homemade granola is that you can customize it with your own fun and tasty flavors of choice. Made with recognizable ingredients, this almond butter baked granola is a great healthy snack for school, work or trips and may become one of your favorites too!
This Almond Butter Granola Recipe is:
- oil free
- naturally sweetened
- a portable healthy snack
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to Bake at 325°F, and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, almond butter, maple syrup and almond extract until evenly combined.
- Dump the granola mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it out into a flat layer.
- Place in the oven to bake for 5 minutes, remove from oven and use a spatula to flip over some of the pieces and return to oven to bake for 5 more minutes.
- Allow granola to cool down, to room temperature.
- Transfer to a container and add in the chopped almonds. Mix well.
- Store in sealed container on the counter, or in a cupboard.