Sweet potato chips are not common in stores and even the rare finding can be loaded with extra oil and salt that you do not necessarily need to achieve crispy and delicious chips. Little did I know, that making them at home was not that difficult and I could flavor them with one of my favorite spice blends. These sweet potato chips are the perfect snack for the afternoon after school or work or for your next movie night!
This Sweet Potato Chips Recipe is:
- oil free
- only 3 ingredients
- easy to make
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to Bake at 450°F, and cover a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Either peel the skin off the sweet potato, or leave it on. Carefully cut the sweet potato into very thin small round slices using a sharp knife, or mandolin.
- Place the sweet potato slices into a container, add the pumpkin spice and salt.
- Seal the container and shake it to evenly coat the slices.
- Place the slices onto the baking pan and spread them apart from each other.
- Place the pan on the bottom rack, of the oven, to bake for 10 to 15 minutes, checking during the cooking time to make sure they do not burn.
- Finished chips will look dehydrated and slightly crispy and curved along the edges.
- Enjoy right after cooking, as they can lose their crispness over time.
For optional oil-containing version with extra crispiness: toss the slices in 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil, or olive oil along with the pumpkin spice and salt before baking.