I’ll admit that this kale & brussel sprouts salad recipe is a spin off of a salad that is currently popular at a restaurant near you. Who was it that said that copying was the sincerest form of flattery? The mixture of fresh ingredients makes it sweet, and crunchy, and healthy all in one bowl.
This Vegan Kale & Brussel Sprouts Recipe is:
- an easy plant-based meal
- full of flavor and kick
- a great recipe that you can prepare in a flash
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 cups chopped rinsed kale greens
- 1 cup fresh thinly sliced brussels sprouts
- ½ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ½ cup crushed or broken pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine the vinegar, syrup and spices in a small bowl with a whisk (or a fork) and set them aside.
- The pecans can be crushed with a rolling pin in a Ziploc bag for a fine crush, or broken up by hand to make larger pieces. You can also find bags of crushed pecans in the baking section at the grocery store.
- In a larger bowl, gently toss the salad ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.