With this vegan pumpkin pie recipe taking less than 10 steps to make, you can’t go wrong. Plus, it’s delicious and nutritious, which just makes it an added bonus. Don’t worry about eating too much of this delicious dessert.
There’s no egg, no dairy and bursting with flavor! I am often asked how we achieve the creaminess with this vegan pumpkin pie and the answer to that question is coconut milk. Full fat, canned coconut milk is the secret to this recipe.
How Do You Make A Vegan Pumpkin Pie? That’s easy…just use:
- canned pumpkin
- full fat coconut milk
- a little bit of love
- a pie crust that you love
Choose your pie crust wisely. There are lots of options when it comes to making pie crust, but for our busy plant-based family, we prefer to buy a pre-made one from the store. Look at the ingredients on the back of them…most are dairy free by accident. Is it the perfect option, no, but my guess is that if you are reading this post, you are ok with doing the best you can and are willing to eat a store-bought pie crust to go with your homemade vegan pumpkin pie!
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 store-bought, vegan pie crust
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups 100% pure pumpkin (can, puree)
- 1 cup coconut milk (can, full-fat & unsweetened)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup gluten-free flour blend (see notes for specifics)
- Coco Whip (optional, so delicious dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to bake at 400°F.
- Lightly spray a 9 ½ inch circular pie baking dish with cooking spray, unless using a good non-stick baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add and combine together all the dry ingredients (flour, flax seeds, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt).
- In a separate bowl, add and combine together all the wet ingredients (pumpkin, coconut milk and maple syrup).
- Then add and combine, little by little, into the dry ingredients until evenly mixed and smooth.
- Pour the pie mixture into the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Place on counter to cool down for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve topped with optional Coco Whip cream.
- Pie will firm up more after being chilled in the fridge.
- Store in fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for longer storage.