With this vegan pumpkin pie recipe taking less than 10 steps to make, you can’t go wrong. Plus, it is delicious and nutritious, which just makes it an added bonus. Yum!
This Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe is:
- less than 10 steps to make
- an easy vegan recipe
- a dessert that you will want make again and again
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 cups 100% pure pumpkin (can, puree)
- 1 cup coconut milk (can, full-fat & unsweetened)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup gluten-free flour blend (see notes for specifics)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Coco Whip (optional, so delicious dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to bake at 400°F.
- Lightly spray a 9 ½ inch circular pie baking dish with cooking spray, unless using a good non-stick baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add and combine together all the dry ingredients (flour, flax seeds, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt).
- In a separate bowl, add and combine together all the wet ingredients (pumpkin, coconut milk and maple syrup).
- Then add and combine, little by little, into the dry ingredients until evenly mixed and smooth.
- Pour the pie mixture into the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Place on counter to cool down for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve topped with optional Coco Whip cream.
- Pie will firm up more after being chilled in the fridge.
- Store in fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for longer storage.
To make bars instead of a pie, use a lightly sprayed or non-stick or parchment paper lined square baking dish. Oven temperature and cooking time will be the same.
I used King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Measure For Measure Flour, which is a combination of rice flour, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, cellulose, xanthan gum and a vitamin and mineral blend.
Recipe inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie’s Impossible Pumpkin Pie.