Hummus is great to use as a dip for carrot sticks, celery or pita bread. Or you can use it as a spread on toast for a healthy and quick snack. This oil free beet hummus has an amazing and fun color with many health benefits for you and your active kids!
This Beet Hummus Recipe is:
- quick and easy to make in under 15 minutes!
- kid-friendly and fun to eat
- smooth and flavorful
- a healthy savory snack idea.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- ½ cup chopped cooked (boiled) beets
- 1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- juice squeezed from ½ of a fresh lemon
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- bread (for toast), or vegetables to dip with
- Place the beets, garbanzo beans, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder and salt into a blender, or a food processor, and blend until everything is evenly combined and smooth.
- Serve with raw veggie sticks or pita bread or use as a spread on toast. Store in fridge.