This SBnJ with toast is great for people of all ages. Kids will love this allergen-friendly take on a classic favorite. The homemade jam is made with chia seeds that thicken it up and go well with the fresh strawberries. The sun butter provides a smooth rich nut-free flavor to compliment the jam on the toast. This snack is easy to make and perfect for any occasion!
This SBnJ with Toast Recipe is:
- accommodates the common food allergies, so everyone can enjoy a slice.
- naturally sweetened and preservative-free homemade jam.
- so good – kids will love it.
- easy to make and portable for on the go.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 4 slices of your bread of choice
- ¼ cup sun butter
- 1 cup ripe fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Place strawberries into a small pot on medium heat on the stove top and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While cooking, once the strawberries soften up, use a fork or potato masher just to crush the strawberries and release more of their juices.
- Remove from heat and add the maple syrup, chia seeds and lemon juice. Combine everything together and place in a sealed container in fridge to thicken up overnight.
- When ready to eat, spread a tablespoon of sun butter and a tablespoon or two of strawberry chia jam onto each slice of bread.