This butter bean stir fry brings me back to when my grandmother used to grow butter beans in her garden, and I love them. If you have not had them before, they resemble extra large lima beans, but with more of a yellow color. This recipe makes for a super fast and hearty meal that is easy to put together.
This Butter Bean Stir Fry Recipe:
- is an easy plant-based meal.
- only requires one pan to cook it in.
- fills you up with all kinds of great vegetables.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 can butter beans - rinsed & drained
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes - julienned
- 1 package microwaveable rice
- 2 handfuls fresh rinsed spinach
- 8 white mushrooms - rinsed & sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, cook all of the ingredients over medium high heat, for five to seven minutes, stirring often.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve while piping hot.