For this chili garlic noodle bowl recipe, we used rice noodles. Rice noodles are a great option, especially if someone has a gluten sensitivity. I used the pad Thai sized noodles that can be found in the Asian foods section of the grocery store. The chili garlic sauce can be found in the same section.
This Chili Garlic Noodle Bowl Recipe is:
- packed with flavor.
- an easy vegan meal.
- a great option for people who have a gluten sensitivity.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 package Asian rice noodles
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 package frozen shelled edamame
- 1 can bean sprouts - well drained
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 green onions (scallions) - rinsed & sliced
- fresh chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the rice noodles according to the directions on the box.
- When they have finished cooking, move them from the boiling water to a large bowl of cold water to stop them from cooking.
- While the noodles are cooling: in another large saucepan cook the edamame, tofu, and bean sprouts with the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and agave nectar. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently for five minutes.
- Drain the noodles well before adding them to the other ingredients in the saucepan. Cook for another three minutes, stirring until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and top the noodles with scallions and fresh chopped cilantro.